Saturday, October 31, 2009

cut it out

I've cut out the following clothing projects:

McCall's 7554 (vintage housecoat) out of this skull flannel fabric. I know - again with the skull fabric. I spotted this stuff on the shelf at JoAnn's and it made me almost unreasonably happy. Originally I was going to make a dress but I decided it would be better off as a nifty housecoat. Why did housecoats go out of style?

Advance 718 (vintage "convertible" apron) out of old school tattoo art on a pink background - I have high hopes for this one.

I also finished cutting out New Look 6899 (view e). The pattern layout was wack, and I just couldn't figure out how to cut out both skirt panels with the yardage listed on the envelope. The fabric has a bright pink background with butterflies and budding branches, I had to wait until HoLo got more in stock. Can't find a picture of the material so I'll have to take one later.

I'm in the mood to make another shirtdress or two; I'm waiting the arrival of vintage Simplicity 5845 that I found on Etsy the other day. View 2 has a nice full pleated skirt.

Probably won't get to do serious sewing until winter break, so I have to get ready for the eventual sewing binge!

0 comments:

Post a Comment