Sunday, August 9, 2009

Update without pictures

McCalls 5591: Done! Well, mostly.I decided to put red bias tape around the pocket seams, I've only done one so far. I've been in slipstitch purgatory with this one - the bottom band/hem and the yoke all had to be hand stitched down.

Butterick 5030 (view E): Just have to sew the snaps on.

Vogue 5413: Needs to be hemmed. I like this pattern!

New projects -

McCalls 3254: This is a discontinued shirt dress pattern, a part of the Palmer Pletsch line. I'm making this up in a blue cotton print with abstract dandelions. That's what they look like to me, anyway. This pattern is super helpful in telling you how to figure out what's going on with any fitting problems. I am done with the front and the back and the shoulder seams. I didn't realize how LONG this pattern was! The back length is 54"! I'll be cutting that down to size.

McCalls 4769: This is a current shirt dress pattern - can you tell I'm into shirt dresses? - the fabric is a black and white damask print, which has been washed. I was pleased to find some black buttons in my stash that will work. The pattern pieces are cut out. I won't slice into this until the blue one is finished.

I'll post some pictures soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment