Friday, July 31, 2009

what I found in the "works in progress" pile

Mainly for my own benefit, but since I've been blogging my sewing more lately:

Butterick 6582
(retro reprint, cocktail dress): turquoise brocade with abstract feather pattern: cut out. Meh. Will revisit later, though part of me says I should use what I have to cut out a slim skirt. I'll probably stick with the dress though.

Advance 9427 - (vintage dress with full or slim skirt): need to find the direction sheet! Cotton fabric with pale pink roses. The bodice was a disaster - the curves came out funky and it turns out that in-one sleeves (part of the bodice) do not look good on my generous curves. The bodice will go into the scrap pile where it will be cut up and put in a quilt. I'll pick a better vintage bodice pattern and cut a new bodice with the leftover fabric and put it on the skirt. The fabric is very springtime, I can see working on this in January or February when it's grey outside.

Vogue 5413 (vintage set of dresses with scoop neckline in front and back): Cotton fabric, dark green background with blue, green, purple dots all swirly. The bodice is done, the skirt is together all that's left is to set in the sleeves and attach said skirt to said bodice. I think I'll try to work on finishing this next.

Butterick 4136 - skirts. Neat emerald green cotton print. Cut out, but I'm not feeling the love just yet.

The above were started at various points between 2006 - 2008.

McCalls 3830 (set of straight skirts): red and black plaid, one of those fabrics that is really two fabrics pieced kind of like a quilt top. I just cut this out a few weeks ago, maybe I'll feel like revisiting this in the fall.

I think that's all of the projects that have been cut out / started. I've got a lot of plans rattling around in my head; going through and listing has helped a bit.

Costumers: fear not. This weekend I plan to start on a middle class Elizabethan.


Post a Comment